Staying hydrated is very important for our overall health and wellbeing. Experts suggest consuming 6-8 glasses of water per day in order to help our bodies function properly. Water keeps our joints lubricated, helps deliver nutrients to our cells and assists in eliminating waste from our bodies. Keeping our bodies hydrated assists with sleep, mood, physical performance, energy levels, fighting infections and improved cognitive brain function. We know drinking water is important, and yet many of us find it, well, uninspiring.
That’s where water infusions come in. Crank up the flavour and make the daily water ritual a more interesting.
fresh ginger, etc.
citrus (orange, lemon, lime, grapefruit)
Some flavour combos to try:
Cucumber and mint
Mixed melon: watermelon, honeydew and cantaloupe
Blueberry, lemon and rosemary
Strawberry, lemon and basil
Pineapple, ginger, lemon verbena
Grapefruit, pomegranate and mint
Dragonfruit, kiwi and pineapple
Mango, raspberry and ginger
1. Have fun and experiment. Add as much or as little as you want and see how many different concoctions you can create!
2. Use one ingredient for a single flavour or add a few different ingredients to create interesting flavour combos.
3. Prepare your ingredients. Wash fruit and vegetables well. Peel, if necessary, and cut, chop or slice fruit. Muddle berries or softer fruits by smashing them to release the flavour and juices. Tear or crush fresh herbs to release the flavour.
4. Place your choice of ingredient(s) in a pitcher. Fill with water. Add ice if desired.
5. Let stand 3-4 hours or overnight in the fridge.
About the Recipe
About Rosie's Kitchen
Rosie Coelho is Owner and Chief Creator of Deliciousness at Rosie’s Kitchen Co. As a Food Enthusiast and Certified Culinary Nutrition Expert, she loves to inspire people to connect with themselves and loved ones through food.
Rosie also shares her epicurean passion through Culinary Classes and Experiences - having people become rock stars in their own kitchens. Whether beginners or more experienced cooks, there is always something new to learn and a great way to gain kitchen confidence, while having lots of fun!