1 can (540mL) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
Olive oil, for drizzling
Paprika, curry powder, garlic powder or other spices (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425F (218c)
2. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Drain the chickpeas and spread them on a clean kitchen towel. Pat them dry and rub gently. Remove any loose skins – this will ensure crispiness!
4. Place the dried chickpeas in a large bowl, drizzle with olive oil and add a generous pinch of salt. Toss well.
5. Roast chickpeas for 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Make sure they are crispy! Remove from oven and while still warm, sprinkle spices (to taste) lightly on top. Toss.
6. Use within a couple of days, if they last that long. Store at room temperature in a loosely-covered container.
About Rosie's Kitchen
Rosie Coelho is a Food Enthusiast. Soul Nourisher. Cook. Baker. Kitchen Dancer and Certified Culinary Nutrition Expert. Rosie loves to inspire people to connect with themselves and loved ones through food.
Crispy. Delicious. A great protein-packed snack!
These roasted chick peas are also great in salads,
or instead of croutons on soup.